Nilesh Wadhwani, owner of Transworld of Gatwick, is a great believer in networking, in order to…
Running your own business from a home office, has its benefits. Transworld Business Advisors franchisees have been operating their businesses from home, for over 40 years. Here’s our thoughts for the current climate, and the future.
At Transworld Business Advisors, many of our 235+ franchisees have taken advantage of
the opportunity to start their new business from home. The benefits of managing this professionally, gives you a great way to take control of your future.
“For many within our franchise network, having the option to start their business from home, was exactly what they needed,” explains Henry Ziff, MD of Transworld UK. “It meant they were ready to start, as soon as they had completed our exclusive Transworld training programme. And as a new business, they benefitted from not having high overheads to pay out, when they were just starting out.”
Why you should consider starting your own business, from a home office
The advantages to starting from a home office, are numerous. “We always recommend our advisors don’t invite clients to meet them at home,” Henry says. “So, many have found an external venue they can use for meetings, such as a local coffee shop, or an exclusive club house. This helps maintain a professionalism with their clients.”
Here are the top five advantages to working from home, Transworld Business Advisors have personally benefited from:
- No business rent – or other external overheads
- One of the first things our business owners identified in their Transworld opportunity, were the low-overheads. Starting any new business has an element of risk, especially financially. Transworld’s franchisees said they felt more in control by working from home, until they were ready to move into an office, rather than immediately finding premises and paying rent, utilities and other business-related expenses.
- No staff costs
- When starting out with Transworld, you don’t have to hire staff. Many of our franchisees chose to establish their business first, bringing in brokers and admin support as they grew. Many brokers within Transworld’s network of 500+, are employed on a commission basis by franchise owners, further reducing the pressure on our new business owners, as their business grows.
- Zero commute time
One of the aspects people working from home genuinely appreciate, is the zero commuting time! For those wanting to spend more time with those they love, it is perfect. For those wanting to leave a positive carbon footprint on their environment, it is perfect. For those wanting to make the most of their working day, it is perfect. Transworld’s business owners have reduced the stress of the commute, by working from home, improving their wellbeing as a result.
- Work when you’re at your most productive
We all work differently: for one, early mornings are best, whilst for another, later in the day is better. The flexibility of working from home gives you the flexibility to work when you are at your most productive. Of course, Transworld owners prioritise time to suit their clients, first-and-foremost. But with the flexibility to fit daily tasks into a schedule which suits you, will lead to better working and improved productivity.
- You enjoy what you’re doing
Research by Oxford University's Saïd Business School and BT, found those who work from home are generally happier. Because they are happier, they are 13% more productive. This is largely because of the better work-life balance, releasing some of the pressures working in an office can bring. Transworld’s network of business owners can testify this to be true, and they very much enjoy what they do.
Avoid feeling isolated
The Transworld family of business owners are only a call, or an email away, so you’re never alone, as you start your business. Being part of a network who understand what is involved in starting your own business, means you can call on any of us, at any time, for advice and guidance, or simply a conversation about your latest deal, or newest client.
If you would like to talk to Henry about taking advantage of the benefits of working from home, with your own Transworld business, please call Henry on: 0203 911 1059.