For one of our newer franchise partners, a networking referral led to the successful conclusion…
Businesses are being sold every day. As a franchise supporting business owners through the sales process, Transworld Business Advisors has everything you need to build a successful business, and a rewarding future.
If you are thinking about whether Transworld Business Advisors is the right franchise for you, one of your hesitations may be around how it all works. Businesses are being bought and sold every day, in the UK. So, if you were to invest in your own Transworld office, what would this involve?
At the heart of what we do, is people. The decision for any business owner to sell is always a deeply personal one. At Transworld, we do everything we can to ensure the process is as smooth and as pain-free as possible. As the owner of your own Transworld office, you will be in the prime position to support business owners at a key stage of their business journey.
You may be wondering how you’ll achieve this – especially if you don’t have any prior experience. Joining a franchise like Transworld, gives you the benefit of our support, and the confidence and resources to be a success: for both your clients, and yourself.
We support you, so you can support your clients
With over 42 years’ experience of selling tens of thousands of businesses, at Transworld you will learn from the best in the industry. Our systems and processes have been designed to make the sales process as effective and pain-free as possible. Plus, you will benefit from the option to co-broke deals, as you grow in confidence.
As Henry Ziff, Managing Director of Transworld Business Advisors, UK, who also runs the London franchise, says: “Most sellers only sell one business in their lifetime. Collectively, as Transworld, we’ve sold thousands over the last 42 years. One of our aims is to protect our clients’ best interests. To achieve this, we provide our franchise partners with all the resources and skills they need, through extensive training programmes, and continuous business development programmes.”
A simplified approach which works
The Transworld business process has five steps for you to guide you clients through. Before you start, we will train you in detail, how to manage each step. But, to give you an overview:
1. Once your client has decided to sell, they’ll need you to help them ascertain the market value of their business, and typical industry multiples. Transworld has market data from transactions completed over the last 40 years.
2. The next stage will be to help your client package their business for sale. This will include a detailed information memorandum about the business, to entice interest from prospective buyers. The Transworld resource centre has a range of professionally designed templates, which have proven to work, to help you do this.
3. We then, on behalf of your client, take the business to market. The Transworld network consists of 500+ business advisors, globally. Each advisor has clients looking for a particular type of business. There is also the Transworld website, and regular emails, as we help you attract attention for your client’s business. As your own Transworld office grows, your own connections and list of prospective business buyers and investors will grow, too. Each contact is a potential buyer for your clients’ business once it comes to market. As we said, people are at the heart of what we do, and this goes for the power of networking, too.
4. Now comes the exciting part of business sale – negotiating the deal. Transworld Business Advisors has experience of dealing with all types of deals, and a range of stakeholders. Our training will give you the confidence to act on your client’s behalf – and the Franchise Support office is always on hand to advise you if you need further help with any aspect of your deal. You may be in business for yourself, but you’re not in business by yourself. As a franchise partner, we’re in this together.
5. Then it’s time to pop the champagne! The deal has been agreed, all parties are in agreement and you have closed the deal! Your clients – both vendor and investor – can enjoy a new chapter in their lives, you can enjoy the thrill of another Done Deal!
For the Transworld Business Advisors network, many of our 250+ partner offices in 17+ countries, took advantage of the opportunity to running their new business from home. Especially during what has been one of the most challenging years, due to the pandemic.
However, the benefits of managing your own Transworld office, is a great way to take control of your future. “For many within our franchise network, having the option to start their business from home, was exactly what they needed,” explains Henry Ziff, MD of Transworld UK. “It meant they were ready to start finding clients, and negotiating deals, as soon as they had completed our world-class Transworld training programme, rather than needing to find an office from which to operate.”
To take your first step to business ownership with Transworld Business Advisors, call Henry on: 0203 911 1059. Or email: [email protected]